29 May 2006

things behind the sun

After spending my whole Saturday working, I wanted deserved to go out and enjoy the warm weather, so I headed out to enjoy what was left of Doors Open Toronto. It's two days in a year where buildings and other places of architectural, historical, or cultural significance are opened to the public for free. There were more than a hundred buildings open this weekend, but I woke up late (as usual) and only had a chance to see a few.



First, we climbed up the 17th floor Tower Room of the Canada Life building, which is right next to my condominium. This building's of special significance to me because it's the first thing I see each morning (or afternoon :P) as I leave the house. There's a weather beacon atop it that tells you the temperature, and flashes when rain or snow is coming. I don't think I'll ever see this building again without evoking a memory of my four-month stint here in Toronto. :)

Then, it was off to the lakeshore to go aboard the tall ship Empire Sandy and some amusement park fun at Ontario Place (which, according to Connor, should be pronounced on-teh-ree-yo instead of the way I pronounce it, on-tah-rio. Whatever. At least I sound British. :P)

And, because I'm so obsessed with my name, I just had to get my name engraved on one of those leather wristbands. It's rocker-chick-meets-girly-girl. Haha.

No comments: