23 May 2006

a million little pieces

you are the loneliest girl in the world
taking your hits as they come
you are the loneliest girl in the world
and tonight you’d fall for anyone
it’s in the way you fall down to bed
it’s in the way you cry when he’s not looking
you are the loneliest girl in the world
i’ll watch you die a thousand times again
-loneliest girl in the world, cary brothers



I watched you as you stood there, looking out the window.

I wondered what you were thinking.

I waited silently for you to say something that would somehow justify all this, something that would make me understand why we were here.

Finally you turn and say something.

Something.

Something so inconsequential that I cannot even remember what it was you said. All I remember is that I froze at that moment, and a blinding realization hit me.

This is not what I want.

Then, as time started moving again, all I could remember were the voices, consuming me. The gaping hole inside me started expanding, gnawing at my insides until they could eat my soul away.

I watched as you walked out the door, and I remember I said something, but what it was I could not remember.

Then I curled up on my bed and stared numbly into nothingness.

Waiting for the voices to consume me completely, until I shattered and broke into a million little pieces.

No comments: