25 March 2006

subway stories

Friday night, I found myself taking the subway to the end of the Bloor line and being whisked off to Missisauga for Ari's birthday-party-turned-slumber-party. ;) It was a bit weird having to explain to everyone how I knew Ari -- we go waaaaaaay back, when I was a five year old with a Shirley Temple hairdo who lived a few apartments down from him. I must say, I have never partied with so many nurses in my life! Hahaha. I met a ton of fabulous people -- thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

The next morning, I bumped into Matt, an animator who whiled away travel time by sketching people on the subway. He was seriously amazing -- he drew the guy sitting across from us in the time it took for the subway to go from the St. George station to Osgoode (roughly five minutes). Too bad I didn't get a drawing of myself. Haha. He was going to draw me but I was suddenly hit by a fit of shyness, so he drew this guy instead.

Coolness. I've now got my very own subway souvenir. ;)

No comments: