19 March 2006

happy st. paddy's!

"Happy St. Paddeeeeeeees!!!!", the girl right next to me screamed.

In front of us, a car honked loudly in response, the driver waving cheerfully to us.

St. Patrick's Day today, and everyone is out on the street watching the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. This being my first time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I didn't realize how big a celebration it was. The street is filled with people in green, complete with green antlers, leprechaun hats, and even shamrocks stuck on their cheeks. (Of course, I had to wear my green sweater and green shoes! Ehe. :P)

The atmosphere was infectious! Before long, I found myself waving back to the people in the parade, laughing at the dancing beer glass beside me, and shouting "Happy St. Paddy's!" to everyone who passed by. I tell you, I haven't had this much fun in a parade since I was a kid.

Happy St. Paddeeeeeeeeees!!!

No comments: