12 June 2006

woof! woof! bark! bark! bark!

Or, as a Pinoy dog would say, "Aw! Aw!"

Hehehe.

The St. Lawrence Market neighborhood was filled with shoppers today, of both the two-legged and four-legged varieties. It was the annual Woofstock Festival for dogs.

There were dogs of all shapes and sizes shopping at the festival, from the matapakan-mo-lang-patay-na variety to the ano yan, horse?!? giants. Some were even clad in the latest dog fashion -- red booties, straw hats, and sunglasses included. And, for a change, it was the dogs lining up for free food samples -- free doggie ice cream, anyone? These dogs are spoiled! I suppose they'd be horrified if they see the askals back home.

Then, it was off to Queen's Park to check out Ontario's Parliament building and my future school (riiiiiiight), University of Toronto.

I've passed U of T's St. George campus countless times, but it wasn't until I dared to venture into its inner streets (Hart House Circle and King's College Circle), that I realized how picturesque the campus was. Most of the English-style buildings, complete with ivy creeping up their walls, were built in the 19th century -- they look so majestic and unreal (think Hogwarts) that I half expected Harry Potter to come flying out from the corner any minute.

I love the campus so much, I'm actually thinking of pursuing graduate studies here. Never mind if I don't actually know what I want to study. Teehee. Maybe something related to Aeronautical Engineering, because the Engineering building is so pretty, plus I've always wanted to be an astronaut. Oh, and did I mention the low female-to-male ratio in Engineering courses? :P

No comments: