20 January 2009

great balls of fire!

I bought the entire IKEA Swedish meatball making kit.

Yes, I mean everything -- from the meatballs to the gravy to mashed potato to the jar of lingonberry jam that's probably enough for fifty meatball meals. I'm easily victimized by marketing like that. I went there to buy some things for my room, and ended up with a bag full of IKEA food. 

I can almost hear Florian's reaction in my head now: "Holy!" Florian says I do not cook anything except instant food. It's not that I don't have a choice -- I actually like cooking and am always willing to whip up a home-cooked meal. It's just that I am also one of those weird people who actually like instant food.

Anyway, back to the Swedish meatballs -- it's awesome.  I can't tell the difference between a köttbullar and regular meatballs from around the world, but traditionally, the Swedish serve their meatballs with gravy, boiled (or mashed) potatoes, and lingonberry jam. Meatballs and jam -- sounds weird, right? Absolutely delicious!

I'm a convert.

I will never look at meatballs the same way again.

No comments: