13 December 2005

of holidays and wishlists

The other day, someone asked me what was on my wishlist.

Strangely, nothing came to mind. Sure, I could use a new electric fan for the office, or maybe a map of Metro Manila with all those one-way streets and flyovers listed for the directionally-challenged me -- but nothing I couldn't live without.

That night, as I lay in bed racking my mind for a wishlist, I couldn't help but smile as a feeling of immense satisfaction came over me. Nothing feels better than realizing how very, very lucky you are.

And my only wish is that other people would be as lucky as I am this Christmas season, and the rest of their lives.

****

Okay, so I haven't exactly made the lives of those people asking me about my wishlist any easier.

As much as I would like to say that I've become one of those people who have sworn off material things for the rest of their existence, there really is nothing more thrilling than finding the perfect gift for someone and the presanticipation* of unwrapping a present that someone really thought of. After all, what's Christmas without the flurry of giving and receiving?

So, without further ado, here is my attempt at a wishlist, from the absurd managinip-ka-na-lang,-iha ones, to the cheap thrills of life:

an electric fan for the office
a trip to Paris (gorgeous Frenchman optional)
a plastic bin for my trolley, so that the blasted 14th floor rat/s will stop eating my food
a E-Z Map of Metro Manila (the one with all the one-way streets and flyovers listed) for the directionally-challenged me
a pint of BTIC's Kahlua Brownie & Haagen Dazs' Strawberry Pecan ice cream
Good Housekeeping's third cookbook (sold at stands carrying Summit Media magazines), because I want to be a domestic goddess.
a cure for eyebags and insomnia
the Starbucks holiday set containing peppermint chocolate/mocha mix, because I will miss peppermint mochas when the holidays are over.
flannel pjs, because it's so much fun to snuggle when it's cold
Ghirardeli Mint Chocolate bars
ice skating sessions at Megamall + people to go skating with (malapit na sa office e!)
Oracle DBA lessons. harharhar. I wish there was some kind of mind osmosis where you would wake up one day and know database administration already.

Oh, and I wish Canon would fix my camera already. It sucks not having a camera during the holiday season.

Happy Holidays, folks!

*Presanticipation
[n.] 1. the feeling of excitement you still get when opening a present, even if you know what the gift already is inside.

3 comments:

carla said...

nyak! dba that bad ba?

sheila said...

haha, binabantayan! hindi naman, it's just that slow lang talaga ako sa dba stuff and wala akong maintindihan sa mga sinasabi/pinapagawa ng mga tao sa kin. heehee.

rookie said...

sunshine, thanks sa gift! next week na yung sayo hehe :D